For Birth Years 2006 and 2007
The U12 Program is for skiers born between 2006 and 2007. The Program meets Saturday and Sunday, 8:30-3:00; additional training sessions are optional. Athletes focus on skill acquisition and technique development in a fun, fast-pace environment. Athletes are expected to formally practice balance, body position, edging. 65-70% of an athletes time will be spend skiing outside of race/training courses; 30-35% will be reserved for gate training. U12s race and train both Giant Slalom and Slalom disciplines.
Fall Conditioning: Select Sundays beginning November 12th, 1-3pm.
On Snow Training:
- Weekends (Saturday/Sunday) at MRG from 8:30am to 3:00pm
- Weekdays (Friday) at MRG from 1:30pm to 3:30
- Winter Camp 1 at Sunday River (additional cost)
- Holiday Winter Camp 2 at MRG from 9am to 2:00pm
- February Vacation at MRG from 9am-2pm.
- Full Program: $850 per athlete if paid in full by October 15th, 2017. $950 per athlete if paid after October 15th, 2017.
MRSC Club Membership: $150/family (before 10/15/17), $200 if after 10/15/17.
VARA Membership: $55 per athlete if paid in full by October 15th, 2017.
$65 per athlete if paid after October 15th, 2017.
USSA Membership: $50 per athlete
Ski Passes: Each athlete is responsible for his or her own season pass or lift ticket.
Equipment: two pair of race skis (slalom and giant slalom), one pair of mountain skis, poles, helmet with “hard ears” and slalom guards.
TeamSNAP Page: https://MRGU12.teamsnap.com