For Birth Years 2004 and 2005
The U14 Program (born in 2003 or 2004) is focused on complete, well-rounded athletes, who are at home in the trees, bumps or on a GS course. At this level, athletes refine their technique and begin to apply tactics to their technical approach to ski racing. Individual athletes should show respect for their equipment and have general understanding of how to care for and maintain their tune. Roughly 55-65% of an athlete’s time will be spent skiing on the mountain; 35-45% will be in formal training/race courses. Athletes train and compete in Super G, Giant Slalom and Slalom. USSA and VARA memberships are required
Fall Conditioning: Select Sundays beginning November 12th, 1-3pm.
On Snow Training:
- Weekends (Saturday/Sunday) at MRG from 8:30am to 3:00pm
- Weekdays (Friday) at MRG from 1:30pm to 3:30
- Winter Camp 1 at Sunday River (additional cost)
- Holiday Winter Camp 2 at MRG from 9am to 2:00pm
- February Vacation at MRG from 9am-2pm.
- $950 per athlete if paid in full by October 15th, 2017. $1050 per athlete if paid after October 15th, 2017.
MRSC Club Membership: $150/family (before 10/15/17, $200 after 10/15/17).
VARA Membership: $55 per athlete if paid in full by October 15th, 2017.
$65 per athlete if paid after October 15th, 2017.
USSA Membership: $75 per athlete
Ski Passes: Each athlete is responsible for his or her own season pass or lift ticket.
Equipment: Two pair of race skis (slalom and giant slalom), one pair of mountain skis, poles, slalom guards and a helmet that complies with new FIS standards. Helmets must bear a CE mark and conform to recognized and appropriate standards such as CEH.Din 1077, ASTM F2040, SNELL S98 or RS 98.
TeamSNAP Page: https://MRGU14.teamsnap.com